Wednesday, March 5, 2008

a tribute to Ellie Rene'



I started this blog to let you know a little about me.
Well, mostly it's been the fun and *fluffy* stuff.



This past week has brought different things into my life.



so many emotions, so many memories, so many blessings




Last week my daughter called me with the dreaded news-"they can't find a heartbeat." She was 24 weeks.


In an instant, I was taken back: the pain, the empty arms, the years of grief-my pain, my empty arms, my years of grief. And now my firstborn will walk this same path. Oh, I am soo sorry...
Mothers want to fix
everything, you know.
But I can't.






Oh, and it's a girl...our first granddaughter...and she will have your name...I am honored but soo sad...


Ellie Rene'



and so we had a memorial sevice on Monday...to praise our God in whom we have hope... to honor and let the world know that we cherished this little life...I was soo blessed to see all of my children come around their sister...this is what family is for.

Praise be to God...the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in trouble with the comfort we have received from God.
2 Cor. 1:3

Thanks for reading...I'll be back soon.

2 comments:

Mrs. MK said...

..........thank you....

Betty said...

I found your blog through Miss Rheas. I am so very sorry for your loss. I have walked this road and I know what your daughter and you have gone through. There was a wonderful group called SHARE when my baby was born too early to survive. I'm not sure if it is still in existence. Bless you and your family.